A Weekend in Review

25 September 2017

It's supposed to reach a balmy 91 degrees here in PA today, the kind of weather that makes you wish you had left shorts in the dresser drawers and doesn't particularly put you in the mood for a rustic apple tart, pumpkin bread and a steaming mug of mulled apple cider. All of these things were on my 'to enjoy' list for this coming week-- So, I'm going to have to press the pause button of those ideas for another week because all of those treats call for crisp air and no humidity. I'll have to tackle the mountain of dirty clothes covering the laundry room floor instead. The guys are about to start their second round of chopping corn silage tomorrow so I'm gearing up to not see Aaron in the daylight hours until Sunday afternoon- when it rains..(I bought a box of wine, so I'm feeling prepared). He worked most of this past weekend also but we were able to snag a bit of time with him Saturday night as we were invited to a friends home for dinner and a football game. And then again on Sunday evening, we were able to carve out from family time which resulted in an ATV ride around the farm, the fields, looking for deer, visiting the horses, a stop at our favorite spot along the stream, and finishing it off with a pie of pizza at our local pizzeria.


Weekends like this, even the busy ones in busy season, with the small stolen family moments give me just enough of what I need to fill up my love tank to make it through the week. When you're a farm wife and basically a single parent during harvest time you tend to feel stretched thin, I don't have farm tasks or responsibilities, my job is the children, the meals and everything pertaining to the homefront. And right now with 3 of them, ages 5 and under I have to remind myself to slow down, calm down and give myself grace because I am NOT superwomen and as long as everyone is fed, dressed (usually) and occasionally happy then I'm doing an okay job. If you can relate then just know that you are not alone, I feel you, friend and you got this! 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.