The Perfect 'Local' Day Date

17 July 2017


This year to celebrate my birthday Aaron suggested we get a babysitter and go somewhere for the day, on the rare occasion when we decided to do something like this we usually just go with our 'tried and true' day trip to Inner Harbor, Baltimore because it's an easy drive. This year we thought we should switch things up and after debating many options we decided to stay semi-local and go to a place we've heard so much about lately, Spring Gate Vineyard. Spring Gate is a Farm Vineyard and Brewery that has been open for about three years now. This past Sunday was their annual Lobster Feast! They had their many selections of wine, cider, and beer along with food from 6 different vendors/food trucks including, Grand Cru Hospitality, Piper Belle's BBQ, Artisan Pizza, Grappling Crab Shack, Agin Cajun, Lancaster Cupcake, and our personal favorite, Sprout Stream by Sven's Cafe. It was a non-ticketed event, you just paid for your drinks and food.

Aaron also surprised me with inviting my parents and another couple that we are friends with, it was nice to have an afternoon full of adult conversation. First, we tried a bottle of their Indian Summer Catawba, it was sweet and refreshing but we also couldn't wait to try out the wine slushes that we had be hearing everybody rave about! After we got over the $9 dollar sticker stock we tried them, Aaron chose the Berry Pom and I had (a couple) Rénové. All of them were equally delicious and worth the price. 


The first food item we tried was the Butter Poached Lobster Roll with a side of slaw from the Grand Cru Hospitality food truck. The roll was amazing and chock full of lobster, my lobster lovin' heart was in foodie heaven. 


The second thing we tried and our favorite dish by far from the entire event was the Shrimp Tacos from Sprout Stream by Sven's Cafe, it's a local food truck and my husband happens to know the owners who are as nice as their food is delicious! The balance of the flavors made for a perfect taco and they were so popular that they sold out of them by 4:00 that afternoon. 


They also had a ton of beer on tap for non-wine lovers, Aaron really enjoyed their IPA. There is always free popcorn for all guests, bacon on a stick and slices of pie, pizza pie that is. We really enjoyed ourselves and it was a relaxing way for me to spend my 29th birthday while trying super hard to not think about it being the last year of my 20s. 


We also picked up some Lancaster Cupcake cupcakes on our way out to take home to our girls. {I accidentally ate three of them and saved one for them to split.} Yes, I know... three, I ate three of them. It was my birthday so cut me some slack. ha! My personal favorites were the Hibiscus Mango & Lemon Lush. No surprise there since I'm a lover of all things lemon. 


If you get a chance to check out Spring Gate we highly recommend it! 

xo - Tiffany





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.