Crafting Your Own Fall Capsule: 10 x 10 Challenge

22 October 2018

10 items, 10 outfits, 10 days. 
Can you do it?

This summer I made the decision to attempt a capsule wardrobe. After years and years of having an overflowing closet but still feeling frustrated when it came time to select an outfit-- I said enough was enough. I tried out Project 333 created by Courtney Carver. In that challenge, you reduce your wardrobe to a total of 33 items that you love. You challenge yourself to only wear those items for 3 months. The goal is to simplify, appreciate what you already have and wear only what you enjoy. I enjoyed that challenge so much. Now, each time I crack open the door to my closet I no longer feel discouraged with the impression I have nothing to wear. 

So, when I came across others talking about the 10 x 10 challenge I needed to find out more. The 10 x 10 challenge created by Lee Vosburgh from Style Bee. The challenge involves picking 10 items and styling them in 10 outfits over 10 days. The first step involves selecting 10 core items from your closet, including shoes. Accessories are not included. Well, in just under thirty minutes I was able to come up with my 10 items. Thanks in part to my already slimmed down wardrobe.  


My 10 x 10 includes:
- one pair black high waist jeans 
-one pair dark wash ripped knee jeans
- one sweater
-one layering cardigan
-one short sleeved tee
- three long sleeved shirts
- one dress
-ankle boots

I did not include my diaper bag or my jacket in this round of the challenge. 


Style Bee's Basic Formula goes as follows: 


2 Pairs of Shoes (1 heel + 1 flat)

4 Tops (Consider pieces that layer well like a fitted long-sleeve, a button-down and a cardigan)

1 Dress

2 Bottoms

1 Top Layer

-Pick practical items for the weather.
-Don't think too hard about it, just choose.
-Go for an easy and coordinating palette.
-Think neutrals, denim, white, black and grey with 1 or 2 colors.
-Pull your favorites first.



The current challenge starts today, October 22nd. Join me! 
Let's simplify our closets, our mornings and our life together. Two hashtags that you may find useful are #fall10x10 and #10x10friends. You can find inspiration and observe others who are participating. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.