From the Vault | Fall Diffuser Blends & Iced Coffee

09 October 2018

When I wrote this post last year the change in weather was just starting and had me excited for the fall season, much like now-- although I can do without the recent 80 degree days. I mean, it's October and I just sent my girls off to school in late summer type attire. I know I'm in the minority when I say that I've been enjoying the rainy and gray mornings. These are typically the types of days that I enjoy spending in cozy socks with a steamy mug of tea or coffee. The fall decor is officially out, and it's simple this year-- our year has been has one of new change so I'm just taking it all slow and getting adjusted to our new surroundings. That being said-- as far as clothing goes I'm definitely counting down the days until scarves, ankle booties and flannel shirts are acceptable daily attire.



As for drinks of the season I'm still not a PSL fan. I love pumpkin, but real pumpkin and only in specific ways. I've been waiting two years to see if Starbucks will bring back my favorite seasonal drink, the Spiced Sweet Cream Cold Brew-- not to be confused with the Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew. They haven't yet so I'm still making mine at home. I make my cold brew in my french press and let it steep overnight. And then I add the cream and syrup recipe to my liking.

Spiced Sweet Cream Cold Brew [or Hot] Coffee
directions:
Combine 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 cinnamon stick, 3 whole cloves, and 1/4 cup water in a small pot. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and let steep at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Strain into a clean container. Meanwhile, make the vanilla sweet cream by stirring 1/4 cup cream, 1/2 tsp. sugar, and 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract in a small bowl to combine. Keep components in the fridge. When you are ready to make your coffee just mix 12 ounces of cold brew or hot coffee with 2–4 Tbsp. vanilla sweet cream and 1–2 tsp. maple-spiced simple syrup, adjust the amounts depending on how sweet you like it.


And - while I still do like to burn the occasional candle for ambiance, I also really love diffusing my oils during the fall months because there are so many great 'fall' related scents that also have immune boosting effects. During this season that is always a extra added bonus (with all of the back to school cooties that make their way home)!

So if you pop by our house on an October morning you will probably catch me with my Spiced Cold Brew in hand and the Warm Cinnamon Buns blend in the diffuser, only one has calories included.

Below are my top 4 favorite Fall Diffuser Blends:





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.