Summer Garden Goulash | Recipe

20 July 2018

The garden has been giving me some really great vegetables this summer. My zucchini plants just got started and I'm always looking for a fun and simple dinner where I can incorporate them (we do love zoodles but like to mix it up sometimes). The other night I just couldn't think of anything to make so I started combining a bunch of different recipes and items from the fridge, pantry, and the garden and we ended up with this really tasty goulash. You can use store-bought sauce and get the same effect but this time I used the homemade tomato sauce from the freezer that I had made the previous week.


Summer Garden Goulash

1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
14 oz vegetable broth
14 oz homemade or jar tomato sauce 
1 medium zucchini, chopped in cubes
2 cups farfalle or tube pasta 
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (if needed)
fresh parsley

Brown meat with garlic and onion in large skillet; drain. Return to skillet. 

Add tomato sauce and broth; mix well. Bring to boil. Add pasta and zucchini; mix well. 

Cover; simmer on medium-low heat 15 min. or until pasta is tender. 

Stir in Italian seasoning (if using) until blended; top with cheese and parsley.

Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.