Top 5 Favorite Peach Recipes

11 August 2017

Happy Friday Friends! 
There's nothing like the taste of fresh peaches, and truth be told I'm not a canned peach person so I literally wait all year long for these sweet babies to come into season! This summer I've been trying to make a more conscious effort to preserve foods for the winter months and I anxiously await a time when the girls can help out with the peeling and chopping because, it's a lot of work! Two weeks ago when I saw a local stand put out their sign for PEACHES I immediately stopped and picked up a box of Red Haven's, then while Aaron was in the Midwest last week he brought home a box of Colorado peaches. I'm not sure on the exact variety of these but they are more yellow in color and have an amazing flavor!


Next, it was time to figure out what to do with all of those delicious peaches. First, I sliced up a ton and froze them in bags for smoothies. Then I decided to try out peach jam for the first time. I had really great success with my strawberry jam this year that I decided to give it a go. Now, I'm not a fan of the flavor of peach jam alone (maybe that has something to do with not liking the taste of canned peaches) so I decided on a Blackberry-Peach freezer jam! I literally just pulled out a loaf of Dutch Oven bread, slathered on the jam and it was like summer and heaven in my mouth all at once.


Next, I decided to really go outside of my comfort zone and try my hand at making a Zesty Peach Barbecue Sauce. It is super zesty but the taste will remind me of summer all winter long! I currently have mozzarella stuffed meatballs in the crock pot covered with this stuff, I can't wait to try it. Then I tried out a recommended recipe from a sweet friend for Peach Melba Popsicles...holy moly, they are amazing! Also, for dinner one evening this week I made my first Dutch Baby also known as a german pancake. It's made in a cast iron skillet (I love cooking in cast iron). When it was time to serve it I drizzled mine with maple syrup and dusted it with powdered sugar while the rest of my family topped it with vanilla ice cream.


Then, after having plenty of bags of sliced peaches I chose to whip up some peach puree (I also do this with my watermelon during the summer). I just blend sliced peaches in a blender until smooth, they are naturally a watery (word?) fruit so you should be able to get them to blend on their own juices, if you need to add something you can add a tad of water or OJ. Once blended fill ice cube trays and freeze, after their frozen pop them into a freezer bag and store them until you want to add it to a recipe or cocktail!

1.|| Blackberry Peach Jam - recipe from: Yesterday on Tuesday


2.|| Zesty Peach Barbecue Sauce - recipe from: Ball-Fresh Perserving
(you will need to blend some of the peaches down, I used my immersion blender to break down the chunks)


3.|| Peach Melba Popsicles - recipe from: Smitten Kitten
( I used these popsicles molds)


4.|| Fresh Peach Dutch Baby - recipe from: Macheesmo


5.|| Peach Butter - recipe from: The View from Great Island

Have a wonderful weekend.
xo - Tiffany

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.