A text message-- can it change your life?

06 March 2020



Do you think that a text message can change a person’s life? Do you believe that the two-second chime that your phone makes with an incoming message can change the entire course of your life? I do because it happened to me. A seemingly random chain of events, sent straight from the Lord above, closed the door I was already halfway through and opened up my world up to something so much bigger. That text message, innocent and light-hearted, turned my perfectly round world upside down and straight on its head. Just seven small words. That was all. Signed. Sealed. Delivered. Strange right? Life can be that way sometimes. Strange and wonderful all rolled into one much deserving package.

When my sophomore English teacher passed out a blank piece of paper 18 years ago and asked our class to write where we could picture ourselves in ten years— I did not, on that blank piece of paper describe this picture. A farmer’s wife. A stay at home mom. I never dreamed of becoming one, it was never on my radar.  That girl was going to live in a city somewhere. She was going to wear fashionable clothing. She was going to go to brunch, lunch, and dinner with friends and socialize over fancy cocktails. She girl was going to collect material processions. She was going to be accomplished in her career. She was going to set the world on fire. She questioned the religion that she was raised on and she cared too much about what others' opinions were of herself. That girl had so much to learn about what really matters in life.

Thankfully that text message was delivered to my phone at just the right time. A lot of people over the years have told me they think that I'm the best thing that ever happened to my husband but that's because my struggles where much quieter. They where of a personal, spiritual nature. I saved him from a rambling lifestyle and he grounded me from the clouds and living an unfulfilling life of comparison.

You may find yourself in a comfortable place currently or maybe at a crossroads in life, so my hope is that as you follow along you may be able to relate to something I have to say. Maybe you have recently found yourself on a path that you hadn’t quite expected, not bad, just unexpected. It’s okay to be unsure. It’s okay to be afraid to jump in headfirst and leave what you thought you wanted behind. It’s also okay to let change happen, to shut the door you desperately want to walk through even though you know deep down that you need to close it. It’s okay to say yes. It’s okay to say no. It's ok to be still and listen for the answers. It’s even okay to let a text message change your life.

Not one day is the same, not one moment is the same. You can’t hold yourself to other standards. Not one person is made from the same mold. Your individuality makes you unique. The gifts you have been given are for a purpose and make you a blessing to others. You can’t live your life inside a false picture of reality. You have to wake up, plant your feet on the ground, thank Him for the mercy of another day and tell yourself “No one owes me anything today.” You already have everything you need. Your life, your sins, your future in the kingdom of heaven has already been bought and paid for by the blood of Jesus.

So, friends, I pray that if you feel moved to join me on this journey, as I navigate life as a wife, mother, daughter, and friend- that maybe we can help each other learn and grow on this voyage called life. Walk with me as I learn to navigate, embrace and overcome fear, anxiety and panic attacks. Rejoice with me as I continue to learn how to welcome the living water into these dry bones.

2 Corinthians 9:7 The Passion Translation (TPT)

7 Let giving flow from your heart, not from a sense of religious duty. Let it spring up freely from the joy of giving—all because God loves hilarious generosity!

2 comments

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.