Lavender Simple Syrup | Recipe

16 January 2019

It's cold outside, there's still a crispy layer of snow scattered across the fields, and I just finished a cup of creamy coffee while watching the sunrise. This past November I started to trying to be intentional about rising by 5:30. Either to get a load of laundry started, workout, write or read. It's been a perfect way to fill up my happiness tank before I have to help fill up everyone else's.

But-- anyway, back to that cup of coffee. This morning my cup had an extra special addition to it. Lavender Syrup. Any other fancy coffee lovers out there? If you follow along here then you probably know that I broke up with my Keurig coffee maker about a year ago, bought my first french press and never looked back. Best decision ever, you know, besides getting married and having kids. Over the summer I started experimenting with flavored simple syrups and homemade coffee creamers. Most store-bought creamers aren't even dairy products anyway, yummy, but mostly chemicals. [If I'm in a pinch I do love Natural Bliss which is made with real cream.]




Now, on the to syrups. Lavender flavored coffees and lattes have been all the rage for a while now and it's hard to find them where we live and I don't get into the city that often to find a cafe that makes them. So-- why not make them at home? It's definitely cheaper. I did a lot of searching and experimenting and I now have two 'go-to' Lavender syrup recipes that I love to make. The best part is they are made from staple ingredients- minus the lavender and that's not too hard to find. I get mine from a tea exchange shop. You can also double or triple this recipe and gift it to your other coffee loving friends.



Lavender Simple Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tablespoon dried culinary lavender

Mix and stir ingredients in a saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil and then remove from burner and let it steep for 30 minutes. Once it's done steeping double strain it through a fine mesh strainer (or a cheesecloth or through a coffee filter) and put it in your bottles or jars of choice.



Lavender Honey Syrup
1/2 cup raw honey
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon dried culinary lavender

Mix and stir ingredients in a saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil and then remove from burner and let it steep for 30 minutes. Once it's done steeping double strain it through a fine mesh strainer (or a cheesecloth or through a coffee filter) and put it in your bottles or jars of choice.



I love to save my fancy maple syrup bottles-- I mean maple syrup is expensive enough so might as well get your money's worth out of the bottle. And it sure looks pretty too. :)



Cheers friends! 
Happy Wednesday.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.