Farmhouse Renovation Kitchen Plans & Inspiration

03 March 2018

We are just a few short weeks away from the installation date of our kitchen. When we made a list of things most important to us the kitchen was our number one priority in the remodel-- mostly because our current (fairly small) kitchen is the heart and main hub of the home.

The layout of the current kitchen was great, it is bigger than our current one, has tons of room for me to add my 'workable space', but it has less natural light- so that's where my color choices really had to come into play to brighten up the entire space. It wasn't in bad shape by any means and we considered just painting them but after talking to someone who specializes in kitchens we realized that the biggest problem we would eventually have with the kitchen was the cabinets durability and the amount of life they had left, maybe five more good years, maybe two, but probably less. They were older, 37 years old, the drawers opened hard and since it was a box kitchen and not custom it probably wouldn't have held up with hard everyday use (three meals a day come out of my kitchen)-- especially with our rambunctious crew moving in. Also, I really wanted an island and totally different style of doors, so we decided to start from scratch. The current kitchen has an electric cooktop but we are installing gas lines for a gas range with double oven, and plan to do some open shelving on either side of the sink. We ordered a copper farm sink & plan to install butcher block countertops to warm everything up. I love all white kitchens and decided to go that route for the base and uppers but decided to add an accent color to my island, I've been loving the warmth that grey cabinets bring to a room so I chose to go with Wrought Iron from Benjamin Moore. I really love white subway tile with dark grout but haven't finalized that decision yet. It's pretty but it's also everywhere right now.

Now for the fun part, choosing hardware! This is where I feel like the overall look will all come together, I originally wanted gold (much to Aaron's disliking) but ultimately decided on Matte Black hardware and fixtures when I chose to do a copper sink. Also, as a nod to the original flare and features of the house, I decided to add glass knobs to my island. They will tie in with the original kitchen door that still has it's glass door knob. So below is a small sneak peek at some of our picks and plans and also a few images that I used for my kitchen inspiration!



INSPIRATION IMAGES





image links:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.