Strawberry Vinaigrette

04 June 2015

Hello Everyone!

June has arrived and local strawberries are in season! {Finally!!} By the end of spring I'm always craving some fresh produce.

Last summer I started developing more of an interest in preserving various in-season foods for my family to enjoy over the next year, especially though the long winter months. As the local strawberries started coming into season I found myself buying so many that I was soon on the look out for something to do with them other than, freeze slices for smoothies, freezer jam, shortcake & and honestly just eating them by the bowl full with a healthy dollop of cool whip. That's when a family member shared a very similar recipe with me and our summer salads have never been the same..



Strawberry Vinaigrette 
-1/2 pound fresh strawberries 
-2 tablespoon honey (or more to taste if your berries are not ver sweet) 
-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 
-2 tablespoons EVOO 
-1/4 teaspoon salt 
-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Blend all ingredients and Enjoy!
(store tightly sealed for up to 6 days)

**Our favorite way to enjoy this vinaigrette is over a bed of spinach or spring mix, green apples, mandarin oranges, strawberries, sliced almonds, freshly grated parmesan cheese & italian croutons. 


..Next up on my Strawberry 'To Do' List: {Strawberry Freezer jam} 

Stay Tuned!
-Tiffany

"grow where you're planted."

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.