Dutch Oven Bread | Recipe

13 November 2017



Happy Monday, friends!


This morning I'm sharing my favorite bread recipe. This is something that I've really had to work at because for some reason it's taking me a reallllll long 'hot minute' to figure out working with dough. I've tried so many different recipes and then finally I just gave up- either I couldn't get the dough to come together, couldn't get it to rise, and the list went on, and after many trials and errors, I discovered that my water was too hot in most cases. So, when I found a recipe for Dutch Oven Bread I decided to give it one more try. It's no secret that I love my le creuset dutch oven; it's probably my most favorite kitchen item and I use it for so many things. I read and reread the directions a thousand times and although this recipe only has 4 ingredients I knew for sure that I would screw it all up. But, surprise, surprise I actually had my first successful loaf of bread sitting on my counter the next day. It was like the heavens opened up and angels were singing and the first bite didn't disappoint. This particular loaf of bread has earned a spot as a staple in our home and I love gifting it to friends and taking it to holiday gatherings. Last year for Thanksgiving I made a rosemary, olive oil, and sea salt variation and served it with a homemade whipped herb butter.

So, even if you think you can't make a specific recipe turn out right just keep on trying because I'm sure you will eventually be successful!



2 comments

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.