'Simple & Easy' Roasted Tomato Sauce

01 September 2015

Happy September!

Fall is upon us even though the weather hasn't quite got the message yet, hopefully it does soon because I'm ready for cool mornings, mulled cider, lazy Sundays spent lounging under cozy blankets, and pumpkin buttercream candles burning all day long.
That said the tomatoes in my garden have sadly come to an end {but most roadside stand still have them} and I wanted to share this post weeks ago and just never took the time to post it.  I've always wanted to make my own tomato sauce, a universal sauce that you can use for pasta dishes, pizza, ect. Well, one day I was talking to a family member about three years ago and she told me about her Roasted Tomato Sauce recipe, best part? NO peeling and NO de-seeding! SCORE.
A lot of people have asked me for this recipe when I tell them how simple it is, with almost no mess or stress! I have turned my mom into a believer and we now spend a whole day making batches of this. Because lets face it, if you have toddlers help is always nice! 
 

Here is it, and it's so simple that I feel silly posting it BUT if your like me and don't have a crazy amount of time to devote to complicated recipes then this is for you! And it is delicious.

{Roasted Tomato Sauce}


-Roma Tomatoes
-Plum Tomatoes
-2 garlic gloves
-1/2 sweet onion
-1/4 red pepper
-1/4 yellow pepper
-1 tbsp EEVO
-Italian Seasoning
-Salt & Pepper (to your liking)


{the simple steps} 
-preheat oven to 400 degrees
-line the baking pan with foil
  (make sure it has a lip because there will be lots of juice)
-fill it up with the first four ingredients
-drizzle with EEVO and sprinkle with seasoning
-roast in oven for 45-60 mins until skin is slightly browning
-pour everything from the foil (juices included) into a blender
-add salt and pepper to your liking
-blend and pour into desired containers.

I freeze all of my sauce in various sizes of containers and also in freezer bags.
Happy Saucing!



-Tiffany

1 comment

  1. It is so simple and so easy!! I am looking forward to pulling it from our freezer this winter!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Three Girls and a Farm. Design by FCD.